Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece

The idea for my process piece was almost instant. I knew I wanted to chose the ism sexism, for it was something I have focused and thought about greatly throughout my life.
The most difficult thing for me was the technolgy aspect. I have never actually created a movie out of slides, so I needed a lot of help understanding how the formats worked. Once I learned this, I am glad I know for this is useful knowledge.
I am very proud of how my video came out. I needed to find the perfect, up to date commercials to show to fully prove my point of how gender specific toys are still effecting society today. I actually changed which videos I wanted to use multiple times, and would have loved to show a lot more if it wasn't for the time constraint. It's amazing how many sexist commercials that are out there.
I hope by showing current and real media examples my point of sexist messages to children will be more accurately portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment